Lime Basil Chicken Marinade


I have been looking for a new marinade for chicken. I've seen a few recipes for different things so, I decided to combine a few and see how it turned out.  I'm pleased with the combination I came up with, highly recommend it.  We grilled our chicken on the BBQ after it marinated but I would think you could bake this in the oven too, no problem.

Marinade:
1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil 
2 tbsp of fresh basil, chopped
1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce or 1 tbsp low sodium teriyaki sauce, depends on which taste you prefer. 
1 lime, both zest and juice

Mix all of this up in a bowl.  Put your chicken in a zip lock bag and pour the marinade over it.  Put in the fridge for a minimum of 1 hour.  This marinade makes enough for 3 regular chicken breasts.  If you're making more, just make more marinade! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The ups and downs

MyFitnessPal

Spinach & Ricotta Lasagna Rolls